Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Would You Trade Me For Someone Cool?


Capturing the teen spirit in just a summer season...
"We are young, we run free, stay up late, we don't sleep, got our friends, got the night, we'll be alright." -Travie McCoy, "We'll Be Alright," as in, the song that got us through our June final exams...


Being a teenager on summer vacation is a lot like being a rock star. Traveling, staying up all night with your best friends, being someone you're not just for the hell of it, and wearing totally outrageous clothes! I've been listening to quite a lot of alternative rock music lately ... and I've deduced that by association, teenagers are rock stars!

First of all, "1983" by Neon Trees. I absolutely adore amusement parks. The lights, the rides, the overall feeling that "this night will go down in history" gets me every time!

 

 Look! Actual neon trees!
Last week, my friends and I visited The Best Theme Park Of The Land, Lake Compounce! So, being total rock stars, we ate funnel cake and churros, rode every single ride that spun 'round like crazy, and rode the Thunder Rapids Ride without changing into our bathing suits. We even lived every 5th grader's dream, and had a sleepover afterwards! I'd like to think that if we had stayed at the park until nightfall, our experiences would've paralleled that of the video.
I love the boys on the last car waving to people on the ground...
 
That's us in front of our favorite ride, Wipeout! We rode it thrice. Ooh, and it looks tame, but it's SO not.

This July *flashback* I was absolutely obsessed with this song, "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall," by Coldplay. We spent the fourth of July weekend at Virginia Beach, and I simply couldn't shake the image of dancing with sparklers in the sand and watching the fireworks from your hotel room... (Which we did not get to do, because the Firework Gods decided to pour rain on our sixteenth birthday and cancel the first fireworks display we've seen live in several years. But then they made it up to us surprising everyone with a random display while we were walking out of Walgreen's on our last night!)

 
 
I am a sucker for pink sunsets!! 
 The boardwalk was always full of life! Particularly beach-bum singing for girls and money life, but who said that wasn't entertaining?
 
This playground was built in the middle of a 100 degree beach. Putting aside its poor zoning, it sort of reminds me of a castle you would see in a mirage across a magical lake in a fairytale...
 
Look! Boyfriend and Girlfriend Bikes! You know, one for me, and one for my imaginary boyfriend! ;)
And how much more rock star can you get than trashing (sort of, but not really - we were on a first name basis with the housekeepers) a hotel room?!

Mmkay, so this next one is a nod to my increasing affinity towards Halloween. It's called "Dead Sound," and it's by the Raveonettes. I'm currently reading "It" by Stephen King (Ooh, my first horror story!), and it reminds me of the high school Halloween prank-gone-terribly-wrong novels that, for some reason, were donated to the bookshelf of my fourth grade classroom. Anyway, I'm really into the nighttime now, like ghosts, and haunted houses, and I'm considering throwing a Halloween Party this year complete with full costumes and stuff (My first high school party! Double ooh!).
 

This next one you'll probably recognize from the 2011 MTV VMA's that premiered this Saturday, called "My Body" by Young the Giant. This is most certainly the type of song that makes you say, 
"I feel like standing on a mountain top with the wind in my hair with inspirational music playing behind me, like in some alternative music video, but only if I could somehow work Shaun White into the background, like doing some crazy snowboard magic tricks." - excerpt from my actual Facebook page.





It makes you look at normal objects and see more than just normal things! Take these beach chairs for instance.


You don't JUST see beach chairs, but you see that one of them is stained, and there is an abandoned pair of socks underneath one of them! (Bwahaha, you thought I would actually say something profound!) But I actually liked the perspective and stark-ness of this shot when I took it... And here's some plastic palm trees, which scream rock star, to, you know, some person.


 
Some more rock n' rollin' pictures I dumped off of my Nikon this summer...
 But how can you even mention the word "rock," without mentioning Adam Levine?! That's right, ladies, "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5 has certainly been on my summer-radar this season, and has sparked my sudden new interest in the seventies. I actually just bought bell bottoms from American Eagle. 

I absolutely adore the eyeliner tribute!


Well, to all my past, future, and present rockin' teenage readers, I bid yee adieu. I have to catch the Pretty Little Liars season finale! 


Oh, and P.S: Sword battle!



xoxo, Allie ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! More glitter? I KNEW it!