Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Busy Living Out Here in the Real World. It's Nice. It Has Show Tunes!



Today I deactivated my Facebook account. Okay, okay, I can hear some of you guys gasping in horror at the prospect of being OFFLINE. Untraceable. It's not that I check Facebook like, between the brushes of my teeth. I don't troll all over the profiles of people I don't know. I don't start Facebook fights or anything. I like Facebook, I think Zuckerberg's all right. I really do!

It's the way Facebook takes away a part of the motivation we have to interact with one another. Instead of formally introducing yourself to that cool-looking dude you met in your art class, you feel compelled to find out everything there is to know about him through the internet, before you even speak to him. It's okay to randomly stop answering a friend when chatting online, because, "It's not like I was on the phone or anything. They can't tell that I don't want to talk to them anymore." No, my friends. This is not the way it should be.

Tell me you wouldn't be floored if someone asked you for your phone number, and actually called to talk to you, just to talk? So, I think I kinda want to be that person.

I don't like what Facebook does to my perception of my friends. How a comment here or there makes me want to give up on them, even if it wasn't even directed at me! I think we should all drop the computer keys that separate all of us and actually hang out in person. It doesn't have to be anything formal, or anything planned, it just has to be real. We need to go back to the days when we were kids, and would just leave the house a noon and spend the entire day having wild adventures with all kinds of friends.

I'm not taking the excuse that I'll become out-of-touch. Because the people that truly matter I'll see in school, at home, on the weekends, and at family gatherings.

Plus, all that time I used to use on Facebook, I can use blogging to you all out here! Stay tuned this winter/spring for a whole heaping of stuff on my thoughts on everything.

Including a WHOLE LOT on my upcoming junior prom. YEAH, GET READY.


Junior year really is THE WORST time to be getting hung up on all of this social drama. Now's the time to be polishing your portfolio for art college! Telling your friends how much they mean to you (OH HEY THERE FRIENDS. SHOUT-OUT [Oh wow spell-check, thank you for alerting me to the fact that I could have spelled that "shootout." Because that's exactly what I was talking about. NOPE.]
TO YOU GUYS. OR SOMETHING)!

If you are a teenager of the 21st century and you don't know who these people are, you must have JUST FALLEN DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS. LIKE, WHILE READING THESE VERY WORDS.

Reorganizing your room to fit the Lego palace you just built! Learn how to drive! Write a book! Get back into photography! *gasps at the realization of all the things I have gotten behind on because of Facebook*

If you're fed up like I am, and really just want to live life, without all the little insecurities and time wasters, JUST DEACTIVATE IT. You can come back to it later if you miss it! But I promise you, you will not regret it! Think of it like a vacation, where you'll be amassing a huge collection of stories and adventures that you can totally use to impress your next date.

JUST DO IT BROS. RIGHT NOW is the time to live your life! Before you get tied down by work and boyfriends and girlfriends and college and responsibility.

You'll be hearing from me again REAL SOON DUDES.

Peace and Tacos,

That girl who's not on Facebook anymore, who probably should have been doing her Physics homework right now, but Glee (OMG MJ EPISODE WAS SO AMAZING. ARTIE WALKED. WHAT. OH MY GOSH CRAZY.) was on, and Pretty Little Liars (Toby is SO SO UGLY. LIKE, SPENCER, YOU CAN DO BETTER. AND ARIA, THAT TEACHER GUY IS CREEPY.) taped, and well, no. Just no.

Livin' it up at Applebees: Talledega Nights' style, absolutely disgusting strawberry limeade in hand. Stupid waitress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! More glitter? I KNEW it!