Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger! I Swear It!




Vintage toy cars I found in a thrift store in New Paltz, NY!



























This song came on the radio this morning on the way to school, and I nearly crashed into a tree exclaimed in righteousness to my surrounding passengers.
You know, it's a good thing I DON'T drive. If I could drive, there would be a lot of flat trees. Like every time my favorite song comes on the radio. Which is like EVERY SONG, because I am a sixteen year old girl, and am SO SO addicted to pop music. (OH HEY THERE KATY PERRY. HOW'S IT HANGING PIXIE LOTT? I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE KELLY CLARKSON!) But I can't. So I won't.
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
Stand a little taller!
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone!"
-Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger) by Kelly Clarkson
Anyway, this song fits my life PERFECTLY. And probably yours too. There's always that ONE person who you used to let chop you down, but now you jump up and down on your bed in your jammies dancing along to this song and ripping up their yearbook portrait you took the time to photocopy and enlarge to poster-size complete with a superimposed uni-brow and a devil's tail.
I say, take that unwarranted and undeserved heartbreak and turn it into something great! Like inspiration! A book! A play! A blog! See where I'm going with this? And if you're not ready for that "something great," forget Valentines Day, and buy a box of chocolate for yourself, a box of fun hair dye, and Tivo (does anyone even do that anymore?) some America's Next Top Model indie movie that sounds cool and totally not mainstream/trashy. Yeah, that one. Yup.
IT'S TIME FOR ME-TIME, DUDES AND DUDETTES!
Listen to this song. Dance. Yell the lyrics into a hairbrush. Cry a little into a jar of Nutella. Deduce that the tears-to-Nutella ratio is SO off now, and you now are being forced to eat several more tablespoons to even it out. And since that involved ratios, it SO counts as studying for tomorrow's math quiz. Start doing Physics homework and then stop, because American Idol is on. Repeat.

4 comments:

  1. funny pst!

    visit, leave your mark, follow?
    http://kagglejardin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we couldn't figure out how to add a new comment, so we're replying here. :) love the photo of the cars. thanks for the follow. off to eat nutella from the jar and dance around now! x maddy and marit

      faux style.

      Delete

Tell me what you think! More glitter? I KNEW it!