Saturday, February 4, 2012

Is the Mouse Mightier Than the Pen?

This is my dog, Hailey, reacting to the title of this post. She doesn't agree. She also likes bacon. And you, judging by the way she's leaping out from your computer screen.
The pen is, in fact, still mightier that the mouse. At least, to me it is.
Let me clarify, for those reading the title and being stared down by my dog and wondering, "What in the name of Super Bowl 2012 (GIANTS GIANTS GIANTS) is she talking about?"
I think that taking the time to write things out in a magazine, blog, diary, or newspaper trumps spitting out little blurbs of your thoughts or inspirations on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or Tumblr. A lot of this sentiment probably came from the fact that my sister just came back from the supermarket and bought me the latest Nylon Magazine! THANKS, SISTER O' MINE! Anyway, nothing beats having crisp and colorful pages physically in your fingers!

So I think I want to start a 'zine. (No, not a full-fledged magazine, just an on-the-computer Microsoft Publisher printed-on-my-library's-printer and so-not-even-legit 'zine.) I'm tired of reading all of these hipster blogs saying, "YO LOOK AT ME AND MY 'ZINE. IT'S MAD BETTER THAN YOURS. ALSO LISTEN TO THIS BAND YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF.







DID YOU EVER HEAR OF 'COMPUTER MAGIC?' YEAH, I BET YOU DIDN'T, BECAUSE THIS IS THE BAND YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF." [Side note: I actually really like this band! You should too. Even though your non-hipster friends/family will probably make fun of you for it. THROW CAUTION TO THE WIND AND DANCE LIKE A ROBOT NOW.]

BACK TO 'ZINES NOW. Sorry, I got distracted by the glittery outer space purple wonder of it all! I do that a lot judging by the way I redecorated my bedroom:

*embarassed that I cannot find the huge folder of pictures I took of my room*

It's pink, blue and purple with a outer space ceiling and glow-in-the-dark stars. VISUALIZE IT.

REALLY BACK TO 'ZINES NOW. I love to write, and I love taking pictures, judging by the fact that I'm writing a book, writing a diary, and writing this! MOOHOOHAHA, so yes, 'zines. I want to make it very artistic, with sketches, collage work, editorials, my pictures, and music playlists. Something I could put in my portfolio! You know, that thing in my living room that needs SO MUCH MORE ART IN IT FOR ART COLLEGE AND THAT SUMMER PROGRAM IN NEW YORK CITY I MIGHT GO TO DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED, YOU GUYS.

Over the next few weeks, I'll certainly be a-workin' on this 'zine as hard as I can, so if you want a copy, just ask! You know, comment, email, throw a rock through my window, whatever! I might make you pay, if it turns out good enough... AGAIN, MOOHOOHAHA!

Onto other news, very very random news.

Pictures that make me giggle:

This is the "college freshman" meme, which will probably TOTALLY be me when I go to college. Or prom. Or anything that involves partying remotely. I AM UNCOOL. LET US REVEL IN OUR UNCOOLNESS, FRIENDS. AGAIN, LET US DANCE LIKE ROBOTS TO OUR LAPTOPS.

Y U NO guy meme, which would be an appropriate response to this post!

60's Spiderman meme, which is just SO SO rad. This is the cleanest version of the meme I could find, and fits my reaction to to most things I encounter. Just you know, LIKE EVERYTHING.
Well friends, I have to clean my room (LAME I KNOW. GET OFF MY BACK. I READ TWILIGHT. IS THAT LAME ENOUGH FOR YOU?), get ready for Super Bowl Sunday (GIANTS GIANTS GIANTS), and make my 'zine!!!

xoxo, Allie

Don't forget to watch Zooey Deschanel next weekend hosting Saturday Night Live, darlings! Or, you know, I might set this girl (actually the meme-version of Neil DeGrasse-Tyson, which has been brutally defaced) on your tail:
BECAUSE I CAN.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome band! I just checked them out and I was like, "How do I not know these guys?" All credit goes to you. Oh, and thanks to you, I realized that I could indeed be a hipster after redecorating my blog. NOOOOO!

    http://rosiesayrelax.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad you love Computer Magic just as much as I do! And don't worry, as soon as we acknowledge we're hipsters, we become less hipster... Your blog looks great though, very clean and bold! :)
      Much more music to come, so be sure to follow!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog! I hope you share your zine when you're done - I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And as soon as I'm done, I'm going to share it with everybody, and I hope you'll enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  3. This post is just fantastic, I love the nonchalant feel to it all. You are incredibly talented - no doubt!

    Love from, THE EASTERN PEARL

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! More glitter? I KNEW it!