Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm The Last Chick Sitting Up Against The Wall

"It's hard to be ignored." - Zooey Deschanel, as of her band which really needs several more albums, and probably a reality show too for good measure, She & Him
That's the theme for this (first) post! SO, Back-story Time: I am entering my junior year of high school this year (which is the year you're old enough to drive, party, and meet a smokin' hot vampire if you happen to be Bella Swan), and almost everyone thinks I'm That Shy Girl Who Wears Those Unexpectedly Loud Clothes. But, *hold on to your seats, this is shocking stuff* my clothes match my personality. I only seem shy through your Inferior Muggle Eyes. No, but seriously! My mom says I'm fun! ;)

ANYWAY, yesterday I was really tired after staying up late watching New Moon *team Jacob* on Friday night, and my magic mirror kept screaming in terror every time I walked past it, so I put on a whole face of makeup (remaining from my freshman year of thinking I'd wear it every day so I might as well make my mom take me to Sephora and even get a consultation and everything) and got all dressed up with nowhere to go except on the Internet! But first, I took made a 3D inspiration board! I can be pretty girly when I work at it.
I borrowed (stole) the ceramic tray from my mom, and covered it in pink and white glitter. I ripped down some fairy lights from my walls, and got a great glow from those under my pink sheets. The mirror in the background is also my mom's, but was donated willingly. There's some Gap perfume (but don't tell people that!), some red lipstick (which I never wear), a miniature plastic dog and a swan, a yellow fabric rose, cloud blue nail polish, a pair of retro blue sunglasses, an 'A' necklace (take a breath, not THAT 'A' from Pretty Little Liars), a fake pearl necklace given to me in a clothing swap by my RIDICULOUSLY fashionable best friend (who you will certainly hear about later), and a glittery rock I found hiking around Lake Minnewaska. You may or may not recognize this image from my blog header. If you don't, you're a bit stupid.



Picture yourself in a dressing room shared between a 1960s pinup and Nanna øland Fabricius, with Ezra Koenig visiting. And Eleanor Rigby's on the phone! Got it? Good. or just watch this:


But then came the clothes! 




Blouse: courtesy of my best friend! If you've never done a pre-eleventh grade clothing swap before, do it NOW. Hat: My twin's; from one of those cheesy Galleria Marts where they yell at you for taking pictures. Clips: Forever 21 and Claire's - a million years ago. Suspenders: Amazon. Skirt: H&M (my second home ♥). Leggings: Old Navy. Totally rad DIY scarf-belt: home-made out of alpaca wool! If that isn't hipster enough for you, I don't know what is, dear.

 
The sweetest sounding yet saddest - messaged love song courtesy of another great band.

My sister gettin' all fancy with my camera and spinning it all around.

Metal ring: thrifted out of my mom's office. Cupcake ring: handmade out of a mini eraser from Hannaford's!


And then I got bored so I started getting artsy with the set...

I am very jealous of my sister's mirrored lamp!
 And then *sob* came the cleanup...

Well, I couldn't just let all of that glitter go to waste! ;)
Hugs and Kisses, Allie ♥
 
(Is that an eighties Vaseline lens effect and a eye-glint?! Thanks Nikon! ♥)
"Images of broken light which
dance before me like a million eyes
That call me on and on across the universe"

-The Best Band Of All Time, The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! More glitter? I KNEW it!