Sunday, August 21, 2011

Out in the Streets, I Hear the Crack of Thunder



"There's one hundred and four days of summer vacation, and school comes along just to end it! So the annual problem for our generation, is finding a good way to spend it..." - The extremely fitting theme song to the only good show left on Disney Channel, Phineas & Ferb

LIKE MAYBE ... going to the local park with your best friends! We had a great time! Seriously, people of all ages, pack a picnic lunch, hitch it up to your bike (which, if a minor highway separates you from the rest of the world, will be strapped precariously to the back of your father's car), a couple of friends, a camera, and be a kid again!

Instead of wasting the last days before school starts breaking the bank on clothes that will be too hot to wear in September anyway and obsessively checking Facebook to make sure your friends aren't having a better time than you are, call them up and invite them over!

ANYWAY.

Since it is the end of August, I've been seeing a lot of back-to-school commercials on TV. You know, J.C. Penney ads with smiling teenagers jumping around in neon tees and too-short flare jeans. That reminded me of the two years I spent in Montgomery Elementary School after we moved here in 4th grade. In particular, two years spent being made fun of by all the Hannah Montana-obsessed little blond girls in pink Club Libby Lu (which was the creepiest place on Earth) tee shirts. And having to deal with the horde of soccer moms setting up play-dates at the mall, just so you could follow their daughters around while they tried on clothes at the aforementioned Libby Lu.

Jessie J's got the right idea:



I really did think that was what friendship was supposed to be like, until seventh grade, and THAT was when I met Carly, my now best-friend-in-the-whole-world. Now we laugh in unison at the pathetic teenagers those elementary-school bullies have become. So last Thursday, I decided to do a photo-adventure based on what I wish my elementary days could've been like. I was really inspired by school lunches, nineties diary entries, Lizzie McGuire, and Nickelodeon cartoons. And the sassy little girl in this video!


And also the sassy grown-up girl in the next video. Haha, yeah, it's totally Jessie again, 'cuz she's awesome! The sass-master I aspire to be! And this song's got a great message for a girl like me who's looking for a supermarket job so she can buy a new laptop. IT AIN'T ABOUT THE MONEY! MONEY CAN'T BUY YOU CLASS! (Okay, that last one's totally unrelated.)


It was a beautiful day, and we spent it riding on the bike trails, through the town, and through the parking lot, circling each other like we were in a totally bad-a** biker gang! (Okay, who didn't watch 'Judas' and want to pretend to be Lady Gaga, riding on the back of Jesus' motorcycle?!)

My view from the top-a'-da-world! (You know, after climbing through a series of knee-bruise-inducing tunnels on the new playground.)


I was also inspired by strawberries, which are totally delicious, and also the only flavor of ice cream I like in the entire ice-cream spectrum. Chocolate tastes like chemicals to me, go figure!


Look! More strawberries! Wow!
And Carly's PINK BICYCLE! It matches me so well! Yay!


So here we go! Strawberry Tank Top: Given to me by my sister at our now-annual clothing swap! Pink tank: H&M. Rainbow Belt: Forever21. Boyfriend Shorts: H&M. Pink Socks: Old tights that I cut into sock-legwarmers! They are super-stretchy, so they can even be knee-highs for those of us with really long legs! Yay! Pink Flip-Flops: Kohl's. I know, right? Mini Hairclips: Shoprite. Green Stud Earrings: Charlotte Russe. Black Strawberry Earrings: Given to me by Carly at our clothing swap!


And we really love merry-go-rounds.


Look! That's Carly! She was wearing a John Lennon tee, a denim vest (obviously not pictured here), and some jeggings! She recently dyed her hair deep red and pierced her nose, since she's SEVENTEEN and all cool and ahead of all the trends. ;)

I also enjoy taking pics of trees.


Sunglasses: Forever21

Even though it was Thursday, it's summer, so everyday is Friday! Like in this creepy-yet-awesome fan video for "Friday is Forever" by We The Kings. 


It was a good day. Even when thunder trapped us under the snack pavilion and forced us to watch the teenage boys play Frisbee in the rain until we got a ride home. 

Remember, summer doesn't last forever, so spend these last couple of days with your friends! To all of mine out there, I love you guys!

Stay awesome! ♥
xoxo, Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! More glitter? I KNEW it!